Sunday, June 10, 2007

Flowers & Cactus

I bought this Gerbera at Whole Foods, then snapped it very close. I altered the color for an Andy Warhol thing I was tinkering with. That project had to be shelved, but maybe I will show you the ruins of it sometimes! (This entire post is a test, & apparently a failed one! I was testing out how I will do this art review that I`m just starting, with maybe four or five images. Looks like I will have to write it "Over Under Sideways Down", [backwards, forwards, square, & round] just like the Yardbirds song! Rock on Jeff Beck! When will it end...)

I changed the color on this gerbera using Micky Soft Picture Me. I used it in a collage I made.


Beautiful sunflowers:




Lovely orange flowers:


Bodacious succulents:


Oops! Had to get political I guess. This is from the war protest at the Pentagon in 1967 that Norman Mailer wrote about in "Armies of the Night".


Cactus is my favorite plant; don`t know exactly why? Hopefully no Freudian psychologist will put some kind of bizarre twist on that!


This is the best shot of the lot. Good color, composition, & the butterfly adds oodles to it!


There are quite a few shots here (but some of them are different) of the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center. A fun day for all with plenty of flowers & cactus, shrubs, & butterflies.

No comments: