Saturday, September 22, 2007

NEW EVIDENCE COMES TO LIGHT!

"Some people see things as they are, and ask why? I see things that never were and ask why not?" Robert F. Kennedy


I am a lttle sad today, but was hoping to be bright and cheery. That is not happening right now. Maybe when I go to the movies later today I will cheer up. This rusty button was from the Tiny Tim show-with The Potatoes as backing band, that Big Bucks Burnett (I will need a whole blog posting to tell Mister Bucks HORSE-OF-A-DIFFERENT-COLOUR story) put on at Club DaDa on May 19th, 1988. I will always remember that day, because it was my last one at AAA Motor Club. That was my best job that I have ever had in my life-I had more leisure time and money than ever before, so I could lead a near-yuppie existence in Dallas; I was a New Professional for the eighties. When AAA went corporate they cut the commission for the sales force and thus ran us off. It was a glorious day, but also a sad one for me. After that I made a perilous journey into the teaching profession and really had my wings clipped (what doesn`t kill you, makes you stronger)! Later on in the late nineties I did very well on the stock market during the final days of the Clinton Administration, and what now is characterized as the internet bubble. I`m glad that little bubble happened, because a body could make a lotta bread by playing technology stocks, like Dell, Intel, Yahoo, Cisco, and Qualcom. I was in CandyLand in those days. When The Potatoes played with Tiny Tim I was in a good state of mind too. I really learned a lot of songs before that date, as Tiny was an encyclopedia of ditties and would do the huggest medley ever when performing on stage. This button above can be seen on me in these videos that I will link you to on You Tube. I thought you had to be under thirty to be on You Tube, but have been provin wrong. There is Popcicle Man. Here is Noodles and Leather. This is Pipeline. Here is Jack Ruby`s Girls; it looks like it has gotton the most views, so far. This was startling to see The Potatoes, and 19 years ago no less. A few memories nicely preserved! I will include this graphic because it recalls the frame of mind that I had through much of the eighties. Did Jack Ruby shoot Oswald to hush him up? Was it an impulse killing, a crime of passion, or was it a carefully planned killing in order to cover-up the incriminating evidence of the assassination? Is this new evidence regarding The Potatoes-the lounge-ska-post-punk-musak-conspiracy rock-comedy-performance-art-spoof-slapstick-parody-way halloweenin`party-band-for the trippin` driftin`-souless yuppies of Dallas Texas-all of this and none of it-gets the electric chair laughing in vain crowd, sad-yes ? (Mostly none of these things, because you can not put a label on that Fun Band!) It is a miracle that some preservation has occurred in both regards (JFK Conspiracy and The Potatoes)-I know I have lost track of much stuff, and my memories are getting a little fuzzy too. See you at the GRAND OPENING OF THE NEWLY RESTORED TEXAS THEATRE in olde Oak Cliff (The Early Potatoes use to rehearse there) people, whenever that may be! Catch ya on rebound! (do not want to start drinkin`).

No comments: