Monday, January 21, 2008

POP ART


Here is my new piece: POP ART! It`s photographs on wood and drippy interior flat wall paint, mounted on a Wall Street Journal ! I did NOT crop it because the newspaper is part of the piece; a...Roy did this alot, so there! I do not believe that this has been done before. Those are Roy Lichtenstein photos that I took of his prints. That is ironic, a print of a print. Roy tried to do something new, now Claude Bovee attempts a FIRST too! I know you are not very impressed now, but many years later you will look back on this as a break-through art work! I will go to Cloverfield today, because this is a piece of POP ART film making; just what I desire to experience in its home-grown aura of DESTRUCTO AMERICANO, no-holding-back doom and gloom 9/11 metaphor, box office busting monster throbbing...cornball schmaltz...perfect for a day off holiday. Once there was a way to get back homeward, once there was a way to get back home, sleep pretty darling do not cry...Sir Paul... BOY, YOU`RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT, CARRY THAT WEIGHT A LONG TIME.

No comments: