Saturday, May 31, 2008

It Was Twenty Years Ago Today...

Okay, a little more than twenty years since The Potatoes backed up Tiny Tim at Club Dada (May 19th, 1988). This photo was taken on May 18, 1988 and includes Hubert Winnubst (on left), French Acers, Mister Tim, Will Clay, & John Kays (me). Big Bucks Burnett & Jack Turlington (left to right) are in the front. When Tiny Tim showed up to our funky rehearsal space, The Tater Palace, he had his ukelele in a Neiman Marcus shopping bag. This was his standard way of carrying his musical instrument (to the best of my recollection). We LOVED Mister Tim, & will always love him. I LOVE those Potatoes and Mister Bucks too (& will always love em). If you would like to hear a more detailed account of that historic night, send me a comment! Maybe, I can get these guys (the retired, still living, former Potatoes & Big Bucks) to write their stories too, if you would dig it!

Please read my beautifully edited (by Judyth Piazza) review of Raising Sand on NewsBlaze too. This is my first music review, so don`t be too critical of me. I will improve with time. I did that with music too, as best as I can recall.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Raising Sands p[iece was GREAT! Thought Judith wrote it...

Claude Bovee said...

Thanks for the compliment, Big Bucks. I tried to leave a comment on your blog but couldn`t do it. I was going to say that I too love Tooth of Crime, T Bone`s new one. Luv your web page too.