Saturday, August 30, 2008

AN EARLY VERSION OF IDENTITY THEFT FROM PKD



This is my very favorite photograph of Philip K. Dick! I have added some color pencil to it to give it my own touch. I know that`s kind of stupid, but I like to doddle a little with art supplies like color pencils; maybe it`s a nervous habit or a juvenile form of kicks, sort of like some of the zany characters in a groovy PKD SF novel. He is actually holding a copy of Flow My Tears, The Policeman Said, & he`s dressed sorta funky like he`s a celebrity. This would be true, I should think. My latest theory as to why Jason Taverner lost his identity, is that Alys Buckman sorta stole his celebrity identity, she put a curse on him by using mind control & with the aid of PK-3, the drug that ended up zapping her & turning her into a skeleton. I`m thinking of this metamorphosis to obscurity, including eradication from all government data banks, as an early version of identity theft. The same thing happens with totalitarian regimes such as the Nazis or the chilly Stalin communist regime. They steal peoples identities or reduce them to non-existing entities. Cults do this too, such as Jim Jones People`s Temple or The Manson Family. Devotees are reduced to zombies who worship their crazy leaders & are willing to die or to kill at the zeolot`s command. This is identity theft also. Jason Taverner goes from popularity to obscurity in the wink of an eye! This is very strange indeed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

jesus, he looks exactly sort of almost like jim lehnert, (sp, -10?) holy baloly, identity theft indeed.
colored pencils are a nice touch though. seeya, steve