Friday, February 22, 2008

OSCARS NUMERO 80


OSCARS NUMERO 80

These are my preferred choices, not the ones that I believe the Academy will pick. I know I will be dumbfounded on Oscar night when the choices are the midget in the casket from “Death at a Funeral”.

Tommy Lee Jones from “In The Valley of Elah” for Actor in a Leading Role. There weren`t any fantastically black & white, a...obvious choices this year. Daniel Day put me on a bummer in There Will… The reason for this is that the camera was always in his face, and did not concentrate on the other roles in the film. This got beaucoup boring after a while. Too, the mood of greed was rather two-dimentional, if you get my drift!

Javier Bardem will easily take away Best Supporting Actor category. Right On Chigurh with the cattle equalizer!

Ellen Page otta take Best Actress (but may not)…my second choice is Laura Linney in “Savages”. That was a good one too! I preferred Savages over Away From Her for the alzheimer`s projects.

For Supporting Actress I will say Amy Ryan in “Gone Baby Gone”. I just saw that on DVD yesterday, and it is an unappreciated flick this year. I like Saoirse Ronan too in “Atonement”. I`m okay with either of those gals (a..I mean LADIES.)!

Animated Feature Film-Persepolis (I need to see it, by the way, if I can sneak in and not be accused of being al-Quada?!)

For Art Direction, Cinematography, and Costume Design: Atonement sweeps those categories! Please read my piece again on NewsBlaze (for the millioneth time)!

Directing goes to “No Country…” The Coen Brothers produced a timeless masterpiece-their best yet!

Documentary-“No End In Sight”-by itself it`s strength of argument can help to Stop the War!

Editing: "No Country", Music: "Juno".
Original Screenplay should easily be awarded to Diablo Cody for "Juno" duhhhh!

Best Picture: Atonement-that is simply because of Ian McEwan`s perfect novel-excellent story and that is coming from a non-fiction dude. Got to run to prepare for Rote Day Job-see ya!

No comments: